Tuesday 2 June 2015

DIY Room Decor | Summer Vibes!














Summer is right around the corner and I thought my room needed a few changes to give it more of a fresh summer vibe. My room is my private space and I want to feel good in it! So I made a few DIY Room Decor to spice things up a little bit!

First of all, I added a few (fake) flowers to give a little colour and nice floral details to my room. All I did was fill a mason jar with colourful stones and then added in as many flowers as I thought looked good, and voila! It's actually really easy to do, but I think simple things like this can add a lot to a room!

Since I love quotes and always find new ones that inspire me, I decided to frame some of my favorite quotes. I just designed the text as I liked and printed it out, then cut it to fit in the frame I chose. I have a few quotes behind the frame so I can keep switching them out depending on my mood or if I simply get bored of the one in the frame. I don't know about you, but I absolutely love quotes. They can inspire, motivate, cheer you up, and remind you of things that you had forgotten are important in life. I only made photos of two of the quotes I printed out, but here is a list of the rest I have in case you want to get inspiration from them or even if they just inspire you and brighten your day!

  • 'Every accomplishment starts with the decision to try'
  • 'Be yourself, because an original is worth more than a copy'
  • 'Everything happens for a reason'

I also love to decorate my room with some cool wall decor, like the pineapple wall art that I DIY'd myself! It's much easier than you think. I actually got this idea from a youtube video you can check out if you would like to make one of your own! I also purchased a quote wall art (I know it's not DIY but I thought I'd include it anyway, as it is really easy to DIY this yourself) from Primark, and I love how simple it is and how it looks hung up on my wall! 

Last, but not least, I decided to change my bed sheets and I find that this changes the whole view of your room! I went with white sheets with chevron elefant drawings on them. The great thing about these sheets is that they are reversible, so I could turn them around if I wanted the other side of the sheet to be showing, which is a chevron pattern. I think it gives a boho feel to my room and I love it! I also purchased this from Primark, for those of you who were wondering.

That's all for my summer room decor ideas! Which was your favourite? I hope you like them and that they inspired or gave you some ideas to decorate your own room! 

Kelsey x

No comments:

Post a Comment